Remote Technical Software Support Specialist
We are looking for Remote Technical Software Support specialists.
Those who will work on our Remote Technical Software Support projects need to have:
Required Technical Skills
• Basic MS Windows Sever and UNIX administrative knowledge (installation, create/modify users, manage system settings and services)
• General IT administrative knowledge, basic notions and exposure to server architecture and operations (e.g. what is a cluster, load balancer, how to troubleshoot a user/sw error)
• Basic understanding of programming and or scripting concepts, preferably from a Java environment perspective (e.g. what is a class, what is a method or property, how to inherit)
• Basic Networking knowledge
• Advanced / fluent English and at least one of the following: German, French, Italian, Spanish
A combination of more of these languages or with other European languages is appreciated.
Required Soft Skills and Traits:
• Strong communication skills (oral and written)
• Excellent problem solving skills; logically and analytically minded
• Having the desire to tackle complex problems
• Exceptional motivation to develop a deep technical career
• Team collaboration
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Ability to multi-task
• Willingness to learn
• Willingness to travel
*We will provide product and process training to support product specific environment.
It would be excellent to have also:
• IBM Tivoli Monitoring ( including the various agents)
• IBM Workload Scheduler
• IBM Tivoli Enterprise Management Server
• IBM Tivoli Enterprise Portal Server
• Experience with the IBM Notes & Domino and / or IBM Sametime and / or IBM Connections Product environment.
• Client Operating system knowledge (Windows 7,8,10 and / or Apple Mac)
• Basic web application architecture and functionality knowledge (e.g. what is a web server, what is HTTP, how does a web browser communicate with an application server, etc.)
• General Relational Database administration and SQL knowledge (e.g. how to use specific tools and create simple SQL commands)
Another “nice to have” would be willingness to become (sometimes) a Java programmer :)
As a member of the technical support center team, you would be responsible for providing remote technical software support for our partner software products to clients in Europe and Middle East Africa.
You’ll collaborate with extraordinary professionals in a creative environment to drive the future of Information Technology in the Internet-of-Things area.
• Resolve software related technical service requests
• Provide Level 1 remote technical support for IBM software products
• Analyze problems/situations, understanding problem impact on client business
• Perform software problem determination, problem source identification, and develop action plans to resolve software problems utilizing a range of tools, techniques, knowledge bases, and processes
• Perform problem situation management and end-to-end problem ownership
• Maintain positive client relationships even in severe and pressurized situations
• Contribute to high client satisfaction by meeting contractual obligations and customer expectations
• Engage next level of support where required and work together with global Level 1 and Level 2 Technical Support Teams