Xerox (NYSE: XRX) is a global business services, technology and document management company helping organizations transform the way they manage their business processes and information. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., we have more than 140,000 Xerox employees and do business in more than 180 countries. Together, we provide business process services, printing equipment, hardware and software technology for managing information -- from data to documents. In Romania, Xerox operates through 3 sites in Iasi, 2 in Bucharest, 1 in Oradea and 1 in Bacau.
Job title - Purchasing Associate
• English language - advanced level
• University graduate
• Purchasing or Buying experience +1 year
• Proficient with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Excellent organizational, mathematical, communication and problem solving skills.
• Ability to cope with pressure and to work well with others in a cross-functional team environment.
• Must display ethical behavior, initiative, diplomacy, a high level of accuracy in performing daily duties, attention to details, analytical thinking, persuasive, task oriented, be flexible and able to maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
• Assists with costs and updated list prices.
• Liaising with Xerox staff and suppliers in order to prepare standard requests for quotation or requests for proposal.
• Evaluate and select suppliers; negotiates prices, purchasing terms and conditions.
• Prepares purchase orders and assists in expediting orders.
• Respond to inquiries about order status, changes or order cancellations.
• Responsible for the negotiation of contracts.
• Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries and other problems.
• Researching and sourcing of new suppliers.
• Follows up with vendor(s) regarding pricing revisions, order cancellations, discontinued items, acceptable substitutes, delivery date revisions and invoice discrepancies.
• Prepare, maintain and review the purchasing reports, files, logs, price lists and other related documentation.
Desirable but not mandatory :
• A previous administrative role or sales experience
• Customer service and/or BPO background
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. Please apply only in the nature specified. We thank everyone for applying, however only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.