Java Software Developer
Orange Romania’s Online Development Team is looking for a new colleague to help build web applications accessed throughout Romania by Orange customers.
You will grow in our team as part of the IT development division which counts 100 software development professionals. Our developers and architects constantly meet up to share their technical experiences from their projects. You will have the chance to engage in conversations around modern software practices, new tools or solutions that worked or not for them and to validate your assumptions around a particular difficult problem that you encountered.
We do both mobile and web development and we toy around with the coolest frameworks, languages and concepts such as Spring Boot, Bootstrap, Objective-C, AngularJS, Android Volley, OAuth2, Adobe Cordova, Docker, Apache Kafka, Redis, responsive design, automated testing (Selenium, JMeter). Our tools of choice are IntelliJ, Teamcity, Artifactory, JIRA and Confluence, but you are free to use whatever you are most productive in.
You will work on tvgo web portal, Orange API platform, Orange Push Notification System and all the new platforms meant to keep the customers informed and engaged. We build everything based on an microservices architecture and we look to automate every step from build to deployment in live. We keep a close eye on the performance of the applications and monitor everything that counts.
The colleagues with whom you will interact are architects, business analysts, project managers, quality assurance engineers, software developers, Ops teams and product owners.
Your work will impact the digital experience of over 10 million people, and counting.
Who you are:
• You are an experienced web application developer passionate about latest browser and client-side technologies giving your users responsive and usable web applications.
• You are able to work comfortably in a fast-changing environment on interesting technical challenges
• You have a passion for efficiency, performance and continuous improvement
• You are all about sharing and collaboration with your teammates
• You develop, document and test your code in several browsers
You will work with:
• High-performance Java for developing web applications with Spring Boot, HTML, Spring container, Spring MVC, Hibernate
• With templating frameworks for modularization of user interfaces (Tiles and Freemarker/JSP/JSTL)
• HTML/CSS/JS produced by web designers which you will integrate into your own apps
• Object oriented skills and coding in Java for web application development.
• Concerned about quality of the code and client's experience (be able to prove it through his work with unit testing (JUnit/TestNG, etc))
What gives you advantage:
• REST API design and integration using JAX-RS/JSON
• Web applications optimization techniques (caching, performance analysis using YSlow, Chrome Developer Tools/Firebug)
• Previous practice with continuous integration systems (Teamcity/Jenkins)
• Since we are always building for multi-screen, bonus points if you have knowledge about designing and coding “mobile-first“ will very much help to deliver great experiences to our customers.