**Jumia** is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
**Porto Tech Center** (PTC) is Jumia’s IT development center, with around 200 IT-specialists. Porto Tech Center was created in 2012 with the aim of focusing on IT development. At PTC, we provide you with a unique and exciting opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial environment and develop smart solutions for our group companies. We do e-commerce online shops, logistics, business intelligence and mobile applications, involving a wide range of high-end technologies for tens of millions customers. The software we create is present in more than 20 countries. Working at PTC means being in the first line of e-commerce development in emerging markets.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
* Use and experiment new technologies on a robust tech environment
* Autonomy interpreting business/technical requirements, designing, implementing and testing high-quality solutions
* Work in a team-based development environment with a modular code base, peer reviews and pull requests, with disciplined use of source code control and documentation
* Constant aim for quality, scalability, performance, and architecture keeping good practices, security, and compliance in check
* Be willful to help peers, being part of a collaborative environment for development, testing, and automation tasks Main requirements * 3 year of experience
* Academic background in IT or equivalent
* Familiar with common design patterns
* Strong knowledge of Database systems (MySQL, NoSQL Databases)
* Experienced with version control technologies (git)
* Knowledge and experience with PHP frameworks (e.g. Laravel, Symfony)
* Knowledge of algorithms and distributed systems
* Familiar with Linux and Containers
* Experience with caching services (e.g. Memcache, Varnish)
* Understanding of Queuing systems (e.g. RabbitMQ, Kafka)
* Experience with package managers (e.g. Composer, NPM, Yarn)
* Experience in e-commerce web applications
* Familiar with SCRUM methodology Perks * A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
* The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
* An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
Si companiile vor aplica la tine
Completeaza-ti profilul si companiile iti vor trimite invitatii pentru interviu direct pe aplicatia de mobil sau in casuta ta de email.