Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of microcontroller and analog semiconductors, providing low-risk product development, lower total system cost and faster time to market for thousands of diverse customer applications worldwide. For more information, visit the website at www.microchip.com.
• Founded in 1989 - Publicly held (NASDAQ: MCHP) - $1.606 billion in net sales for fiscal year 2013 (ending March 31, 2013)
• Listed on the Standard & Poor's 500 financial index
• More than 8,000 employees worldwide
• 50 sales offices worldwide
• Manufacturing facilities: Tempe, AZ; Gresham, OR; Bangkok, Thailand
• Development centers: Bangalore, India; Lausanne, Switzerland; Santa Clara & Los Angeles, CA; Chandler, AZ; Bucharest, Romania; Manila, Philippines; Budapest, Hungary; Brisbane, Australia; Milwaukee, WI; Norristown, PA; Shanghai, China; Hsinchu, Taiwan; Austin, TX; Karlsruhe, Germany; Gothenburg, Sweden; Hauppauge, NY; Chennai, India; Irvine, CA; Vietnam; Hong Kong, China
• The Company's quality systems are ISO/TS-16949:2009 certified
• 93 consecutive quarters and 23 consecutive years of profitability, as of December 2013
• Has shipped more than 12 billion PIC® microcontrollers
• Corporate headquarters: 2355 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler, AZ 85224, United States Microchip opened the R&D Center located in Bucharest in April 2006 and has been constantly expanding it.
The center was officially inaugurated by STEVE SANGHI, Microchip President & CEO, on April 17th 2007.
The center deals with new product design and applications development for microcontrollers, analog and memory circuits.
Our office is on 4E Vasile Milea Blvd., 3rd and 4th floors, Bucharest 6 - AFI Park Building (near the Electronics Faculty and Politehnica railway station).